Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Different Method

To get an introduction to The Merchant of Venice I watched a movie trailer:



This introduction was sufficient for me because I realized I have seen this play performed by a local company this past summer in a park. It was very well done and very amusing, so I remember it well.

To read this play I decided to use a different strategy then I did last week in reading Henry V. I checked out the audio book from our HBLL Media Center!!


I am listening to the book as I follow along with my electronic copy of the script.

I prefer this method to just reading the play because I find it helps in character development, it helps me separate the characters (I often struggle while reading a play with so many different minor characters). The audiobook also gives me a music interlude to every scene to set tone and foreshadow what is to come, as well as, giving background noise to help place you in the setting better than just having to imagine it and forgetting where you are supposed to be.

All in all, this is a great experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment