Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Tweethis

So I posted a statement (sort of thesis) concerning my research paper topic on facebook Tuesday.

I wrote a statement trying to provoke responses so I wrote, "I believe that teaching Shakespeare (or any subject) can be improved with the use of digital technology and social media sources. Have you ever used facebook, twitter, or blogging for a class? What was your experience?"

My good friend, Stephanie Grimes, is a part-time reporter at ksl.com and student at Brigham Young University commented on my status. She is a passionate defender of technology and the advantages of social media--and an avid user.

It was also interesting because although Dave Hunt did not leave a comment, he liked my status. I was surprised to remember that I am actually facebook friends with a University professor who I did not contact about my research paper. So I followed up with a personal facebook message and am waiting for a response.

All of this outreaching through social media is really interesting, but I am saddened that my research paper is due next week and I still have so many personal sources that I could add to my paper with time. I have not heard back from previous BYU professors that I know have used facebook and twitter in their classroom, and I know an Orem High teacher who uses blogging frequently. I understand that teachers--especially professors are busy people (especially mid-semester) and may not be able to respond in a timely matter. However, I think I will continue to try to contact them and set up an interview, then add it to my research paper later on in the semester (I will talk to my professor about this during our interview to get his response).


1 comment:

  1. It's good to see this process so far, and yes, you should be able to add in other material about your topic that you draw from social sources later on.

    ReplyDelete