Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Rachel O. " A Foolish Wit " Paper


Rachel,

So like many other classmates I have decided that leaving you an enormous comment would be more harmful than helpful, so here is your own personal blog post on my blog. :)

Here is a link to your final paper  and blog, for other readers.

First and foremost I wanted to let you know that your paper is awesome. :) I really like the argument and I you move from Shakespeare's time to the more modern situations with Mitt Romney very well.

I didn't see a post about your interview, so I'm not sure where you are thinking about taking your paper, but I have a suggestion.

I think an interesting next growth for your paper could be how Mormon's combat and deal with this blunt prejudice. You have firmly established that the prejudice exists, so now you can enter the other side.

BYU's presence is a huge promotion for the LDS church, but especially living here in Utah--Mormon headquarters-- we are subject to much more than that. Desert News, BYUTV, lds.org, "I'm a mormon" ads, mormon.org, KSL (KSL.org)--to an extent--are all strong voices for the LDS church. The Mormon messages through an independent YouTube channel for LDS geared videos.

The LDS church is not simply accepting or quietly combating this prejudice. They are an active and louder and louder voice in the technological world.

A good and real example of this recently is the Washington Post article that cast the church in a HORRIBLE light (we are all prejudice against blacks) with its interview with Randy Bott (a very popular figure in the church esp for young ppl--like BYU students). "The Genesis of a Church's Stand on Race"

The church then released an official statement through KSL.com. "LDS church"

No comments:

Post a Comment