Saturday, March 24, 2012

Collaborative Work

I am working with Tara Pina and Mallory Stevens for a collaborative final project combining our papers about education.

Audience: We will work towards creating a presentation for the UCTE Conference.

Format: We are leaning heavily towards a mixed media project.

Content: We will interview and ID common problems in the classroom through students and teachers (at the high school and university level). Mallory has already sent out a bulk e-mail to teachers at Timpview High, and I have a few possible contacts from Orem High.

We will also show current examples of how various teachers are successful (and possibly unsuccessfully) in the classroom. Currently I could do this with using blogging in teaching through Dr. Burton's blog and his believes concerning the changing nature of the research paper (explained in his chapter online). I also found Ms. Sharon Bell's blog-- a high school teacher from Hattisburg High. I also know that Mr. Ellingford at Orem High creates class blogs, but keeps them personal to protect privacy.

I will be contacting Mr. Ellingford to ask if we can set up an interview time for the video portion of our paper as well as the blogging portion of our presentation.

If we do a writing portion I can talk about the research and contacts I have found that have previously used technology in their classroom

For further exploration I have tried to contact Online High Schools in Utah (Open HS & EHS) I discovered through Ms. Lisa Halverson a PhD student in Instructional Psychology & Technology. I also e-mailed her for more information about her previous employeer-- an online high school-- because they advocate the use of twitter.

We will also contact a  BYU professor Dr. Amy Jensen who recently gave a speech advocating the use of technology.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like it will be a very useful and informative project. I think it will work really well for the content. When I was doing research in the library, there were numerous books on Shakespeare and education. I don't know if any of them would be helpful, but they might be worth looking at.

    ReplyDelete