Sunday, April 1, 2012

A new way to interview

Friday afternoon, I had an interview with Mr. Brian Ellingford, an English teacher at Orem High. He uses blogging in his classroom to promote student writing.

Mr. Brian Ellingford

I made two videos during the interview, so you could hear what he does from the man himself. I think this works better than me simply quoting from notes of my interview because it validates my source instead of people just taking my word for it. In the final presentation, I may do a mix of explaining things from his interview and then posting the videos--we will decide how to fit the format best.  

Here is the video of Mr. Ellingford explaining why he uses blogging in the classroom and some of the logistics of the process.


Although Mr. Ellingford said the advantages of blogging outweigh the disadvantages, he outlines the problems blogging creates in this video. I have not edited it yet, but that will come later before I insert it in the final project.


1 comment: